Burning Man is not only the world's most unique and visually spectacular cultural event, but the nexus for a worldwide community that exists all year long. It is a temporary city of 50,000 people which leaves absolutely no trace when it is gone. It is about radical self-reliance in a harsh but incredibly beautiful desert environment, and radical self-expression in a gift-based economy.
Think of "Burning Man 2008: A Photo Essay by Matt Freedman" as a coffee table book for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It contains over 300 extraordinary Burning Man photos, packaged in an easy-to-use full screen photo viewer:
- View the whole set, or browse by categories (People, Art, Art Cars, The Man, Dust, etc.).
- Mark photos as favorites, for quick retrieval.
- Every image has an informative caption, which can be displayed, or left hidden.
- Slideshow mode, or manual "flick" paging.
In addition to the photos, you will find essays:
- Foreword, by Burning Man's Director of Business and Communications, Marian Goodell, which explains what exactly Burning Man is.
- Introduction. Photographer Matt Freedman's personal ten year journey with Burning Man.
- Photography at Burning Man. Matt's 4,000 word guide gives you detailed information on how to take better photographs at Burning Man. What gear to bring, how to carry and protect it, when and where to shoot what, and perhaps most importantly, rules and etiquette.
- Annotated Burning Man Packing List. What to pack for your own visit, and why.
For sample photos, as well as excerpts from the essays, please visit www.monkfishlabs.com.
"Burning Man 2008: A Photo Essay by Matt Freedman" has been reviewed and approved by The Burning Man Organization.
Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Burning Man 2008: A Photo Essay by Matt Freedman is a free software application from the Reference Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2009-05-31. The program can be installed on iOS.
Burning Man 2008: A Photo Essay by Matt Freedman (version 1.1) has a file size of 25.48 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.